War in Ukraine
The 海角社区 University community stands in full solidarity with Ukraine and in support of all those impacted following the invasion. Together we call for peace and reject violence, and hope this will prevail.
Ways you can help those in Ukraine
You can donate funds to the following organisations:
- , who are providing food and shelter, supporting hospitals and healthcare facilities and providing first aid training.
- – the largest representative body for Ukrainians in the UK – who are collecting to provide items urgently in need, including food and medical packs.
- , who are working to keep children safe in Ukraine by ensuring access to water and food and providing vital supplies to support families.
- , who provide support to refugees and those displaced because of war.
- , who are helping children affected by the war in Ukraine by providing psychological and psychosocial support.
For those who want to express interest in the Government’s Homes for Ukraine scheme, details are available . If you are willing to take part in the Government’s Homes for Ukraine campaign and can offer accommodation please inform the Chaplaincy team via email@example.com and we will see if it is possible to match you with family and friends of our Ukrainian students and staff. We will be reviewing the version of this scheme aimed at businesses when details become available.
Guidelines on collaboration with Russia
The University is reviewing all links with Russia and Russian universities.
Colleagues with active links to Russian universities, especially where they are receiving or sharing any funding, have been asked to declare these to their Dean or Director of Service who will make a decision on the suspension of the link, or consult with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Chief Operating Officer. The assumption is that any formal and funding links will be suspended.
Our academics are providing expert commentary about the war in Ukraine.